Hi guys! Today I have my own homemade version of the Panera Quinoa Lentil broth bowl, aka soup. I don’t know why they call it a broth bowl? It’s just soup right? But they also have soup, so…. Does it make it sound fancier? I guess if it’s fancy sounding you can charge $8 for a bowl? Anywho, call it a broth bowl, or soup, but my version will cost way less than $8, is vegetarian, and it tastes even better!
I don’t know about you guys, but I have been really trying to get my lazy butt to be more active lately. I started off the new year with a cold, and then pulled a muscle in my back, then HAD to watch too much netflix when it was rainy, and I’m really good at coming up with excuses. The crazy thing is, when I do get into a good routine with my daily exercise, I feel so much better!! I even look forward to it. It really only takes a week or so of doing it routinely every day before I really get happy about it.
I think I am getting better at having more good habits and less bad habits, and I think routine is key. What about you guys? Do you have to set a good routine to help you create healthy habits? How come the bad habits come so easily? I don’t have to try at all to routinely do them!
This Quinoa Lentil bowl starts with a simple miso broth.
The combination of the delicious slightly puffy little quinoa grains, and the al dente lentils is really where it’s at here.
The miso broth is super simple, made with just miso paste and water.
This soup has it’s veggies too! Its loaded with tomatoes, spinach, carrots, and kale.
Complete the whole thing with a squeeze of lemon, which really takes this soup from awesome to “Oh yeah!”
You know what I mean.
I used this kind of miso paste. You can use any kind you like, just follow the directions for the one you have. You may not need as much.
The quinoa and lentils that I used take the same amount of time to cook, so I cooked them together.
This soup is going to be all kinds of healthy for that body of yours, and its going to knock your socks off in the taste bud department.
I really hope you like it!
Make it, eat it, enjoy!
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- ½ Cup Red Lentils
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Chopped Carrots
- 1 Cup Spinach Leaves
- 1 Cup Kale Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 15 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 4 Tbs Fresh Green Onions for topping
- 4 Tbs Red Miso Paste
- 3 Cups Water
- Place quinoa and lentils in a pot with 3 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lentils are al dente. You want them cooked, but not mushy.
- In a medium sized pot, saute garlic, carrots, and canned tomatoes for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until carrots are tender.
- Turn off heat and whisk in miso paste.
- Add cooked quinoa and lentils.
- Add spinach and kale.
- Stir to combine until greens have wilted.
- Bring soup back up to a simmer if needed.
- Squeeze in half the lemon.
- Serve topped with green onions and slices of lemon.
If you make this recipe, take a picture and tag it #dorasdailydish on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations!
Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl