Well it is officially summer here in North America so of course I’m here with a burger recipe. A slider recipe actually . Which is just a tiny burger. Because most things are somehow better when they are tiny right? Appetizers. Babies. Miniature donkeys. Houses. Paul Rudd. JK, Paul Rudd is great at any size. Of course I double stacked these sliders because why not.
What I love about veggie burgers is the variety that you can make. So may choices! Any given day, I am pretty sure I could come up with some kind of burger with the ingredients in my panty. Lentil burgers, beet burgers, mushroom burgers, the possibilities are endless. Today I have a sweet potato burger that also has red lentils, black beans, and corn.
These burgers are tender and sweet from the sweet potato, with a little smokey flavor from paprika.
The corn and lentils give this burger a heartiness that make them filling, and totally grill-able.
Top this tiny burger with some spicy vegan mayo, creamy avocado, and greens and you will be set.
This recipe makes about 12 slider sized patties. You can make normal size patties as well. Probably 6.
Gluten free? Sub ground oats for the breadcrumbs.
Don’t have pecans? Sub walnuts.
Don’t like nuts? Leave the pecans out. They add a nice meaty crunch but you can make without.
I made a quick spicy mayo which pairs fanatically with sweet potato. I’m a Tapatio girl (sorry Sriracha!), but you can use any hot sauce you like.
Top these sliders with some creamy avocado slices and some fresh greens!
Make it, eat it, enjoy!
- 1½ Cups peeled and cooked Sweet Potato
- ½ Cup Black beans, canned or cooked.
- ½ Cup Red Lentils, cooked until just tender.
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- ¼ Cup Pecans
- ¼ Cup Corn Kernels
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined and slightly chunky.
- To bake, form into about 12 small patties and place on parchment lines baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- To grill, place patties on grill, and grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 to 2 Tbs of your favorite Hot sauce. I like Tapatio.
- Mix mayo and hot sauce until desired heat level is reached.