I’m so excited to use my oven again. There is nothing like the coziness of a warm kitchen on a cool day, especially if there are amazing smell of something delicious baking. This time of year was made for all things baked, from root vegetables to pies. This baked macaroni and cheese recipe combines a creamy root vegetable based cheese sauce, fresh green spinach, the last of the summer tomatoes, and a crisp topping for a warm comforting meal.
It is creamy, cheesy, and flavorful.
The spinach and tomatoes add some fresh flavor that compliments the rich pasta.
I topped this mac and cheese with some Italian breadcrumbs for some added texture. Gluten free breadcrumbs can be substituted if needed.
I hope you love this recipe!
Tag me on Instagram @dorasdailydish!
Want some more cheesy vegan recipe? Check these out!
- 1lb of your favorite Shell Pasta
- 3 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Diced Potatoes
- 2 Cups Chopped Carrots
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tbs Melted Vegan Butter
- ½ Cup Non Dairy Milk
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil carrots and potatoes until fork tender, about 10 minutes. They can cook in the same pot.
- Place carrots, potatoes, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion powder, paprika, lemon juice,and non dairy milk into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cheese sauce, pasta, and fresh spinach.
- Pour pasta into an oven proof baking dish.
- Slice tomatoes thinly and layer over the top of the pasta.
- In a bowl, stir together melted vegan butter, breadcrumbs, and Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top of the pasta.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until breadcrumbs begin to brown.
Make it , eat it, enjoy!